IPCUG Board Meeting
April 24th, 2014
Minutes by Laura, Secretary
4 officers present, 5 board members present, and 6 club members present, for a total of 15 in attendance.
Meeting called to order by President Hugh at 7:05 pm
Treasurer’s Report by Brian
- April Income: $143.11
- April Expenses: $175.45
- Total Balance: $1,387.87
Moved to accept as amended by Martin, seconded by LeRoy, and unanimously agreed upon
Secretary’s Report by Laura
- Board Meeting Minutes
Moved to accept by Rose, seconded by Brian, and unanimously agreed upon
- General Meeting Minutes
Moved to accept by Gregg, seconded by Rose, and unanimously agreed upon
Program Chair Report by Gregg
- May Meeting
- First Presentation: Larry Krum with Apple products
- No second Presentation
- Back-up full presentation: Brian with Website Design
- If there is excess time: Gregg with Grub Boot-Loader
- Auction for second Chrome Cast
- June Meeting
- First Presentation: tentatively installing Linux on your old Windows XP computer
- Second Presentation:
Future Presentation Ideas:
- Website Design (Brian-tentatively for June meeting)
- Business cards using Avery.com (Gregg)
- Security with passwords, credit cards, online banking, etc.
- Grub Boot-Loader update (Gregg)
- Craigslist-how to post, how to search for items
- Facebook-benefits, how to create an account, how to upload photos, how to find friends, etc.
- Tablets/Laptops. Specifically, the Kindle Fire HDX by Gregg and ChromeBook by Laura.
- Zorin with a possible SIG to update systems and install software.
- There has been one entry for IPCUG logo ideas for the website. The contest will be announced at the next meeting as well. Each entry will receive one free ticket for the Chrome Cast drawing. There will tentatively be a vote at the general meeting in June.
- Six people showed interest for a Linux installation SIG after March’s meeting. We would need a location, and this could take place on a Saturday afternoon. This will be brought up at the next meeting to encourage interest and ideas for locations, such as a member’s garage.
- Brian said he has not yet been able to post the by-laws on the website but states he will do this before the next meeting.
- It will be announced at the meeting and in the newsletter regarding the Tight Receiver being present at the June meeting (due to the presenter for May using a Mac, which does not support this). Members will be encouraged to bring their laptops.
- Future board meetings will be held at Jerry’s, as this was agreed upon unanimously among the board members. This is due to it being a better location for the majority of those who attend. However, due to the time of the restaurant closing, we will begin the meeting at 6:30 rather than 7:00.
- Hugh stated he will most likely not be able to finish his term as President, which means Gregg will be the President until the next election in October.
- Gregg suggested that we give back to the Lee Pesky Center in some way, since they offer their space for our meetings free of charge. Clint suggested talking to the point of contact, Mary, and asking what would be the best way to show appreciation. Clint stated he will visit her next week and will follow-up at the next board meeting.
Meeting adjourned by Hugh at 7:50 pm.
Next board meeting will be May 22nd, 2014, 6:30 pm at Jerry’s in Boise.