IPCUG Board Meeting
July 24th, 2014
Minutes by Brian, Treasurer
3 officers present, 4 board members present, and 2 club members present, for a total of 9 in attendance.
Meeting called to order by President Hugh at 6:45 pm
Treasurer’s Report by Brian
- July Income: $50.00
- July Expenses: $0.00
- Total Balance: $1731.52
Moved to accept by Gregg, seconded by Martin, and unanimously agreed upon
Secretary’s Report by Brian, minutes provided by Laura prior to meeting
- Board Meeting Minutes
Moved to accept by Martin, seconded by Gregg, and unanimously agreed upon
- General Meeting Minutes
Moved to accept by Mike, seconded by LeRoy, and unanimously agreed upon
Program Chair Report by Gregg
- August Meeting
- First Presentation: Hugh: Installing Linux & Running your old OS in a virtual machine.
- September Meeting
- First Presentation: Using Ubuntu (Switching from Microsoft)
- Second Presentation: Gregg: Microsoft Scam
Future Presentation Ideas:
- Business cards using Avery.com (Gregg)
- Craigslist-how to post, how to search for items
- Facebook-benefits, how to create an account, how to upload photos, how to find friends, etc.
- Tablets/Laptops. Specifically, the Kindle Fire HDX by Gregg and ChromeBook by Laura.
- Zorin with a possible SIG to update systems and install software.
- Backup with Clonezilla.
- BitLocker - Hard drive encryption.
- Dark Table - LightRoom clone for Linux and Mac.
- Streaming with Sony Blu-Ray player.
- Will bring up a Linux install SIG after the September presentations.
- Could we start putting all presentations on website.
Meeting adjourned by President Hugh at 7:54 pm.
Next board meeting will be August 28th, 2014, 6:30 pm at Jerry’s in Boise.