IPCUG Board Meeting
May 22nd, 2014
Minutes by Laura, Secretary
4 officers present, 4 board members present, and 5 club members present, for a total of 13 in attendance.
Meeting called to order by President Hugh at 6:40pm
Treasurer’s Report by Brian
- May Income: $217.00
- May Expenses: $39.55
- Total Balance: $1,643.27
Moved to accept by Laura, seconded by Rose, and unanimously agreed upon
Secretary’s Report by Laura
- Board Meeting Minutes
Moved to accept by Rose, seconded by Martin, and unanimously agreed upon
- General Meeting Minutes
Moved to accept by Brain, seconded by Hugh, and unanimously agreed upon
Program Chair Report by Gregg
- June Meeting
- First Presentation: Website design by Brian
- Second Presentation: Password security and internet safety-LastPass by Hugh
- July Meeting
- First Presentation: Installing Linux alongside Windows XP
- Second Presentation: To be determined
Future Presentation Ideas:
- Website Design (Brian-tentatively for June meeting)
- Business cards using Avery.com (Gregg)
- Security with passwords, credit cards, online banking, etc.
- Grub Boot-Loader update (Gregg)
- Craigslist-how to post, how to search for items
- Facebook-benefits, how to create an account, how to upload photos, how to find friends, etc.
- Tablets/Laptops. Specifically, the Kindle Fire HDX by Gregg and ChromeBook by Laura.
- Zorin with a possible SIG to update systems and install software.
- There will be a vote for the website logo at the June general meeting.
- Six people showed interest for a Linux installation SIG after March’s meeting. We would need a location, and this could take place on a Saturday afternoon. This will be brought up at the next meeting to encourage interest and ideas for locations, such as a member’s garage. Other ideas include having this done at RJM or another location where parts could be purchased if needed.
- Brian posted the by-laws on the website for members to view.
- It will be announced at the meeting and in the newsletter regarding the Tight Receiver being present at the June meeting. Members will be encouraged to bring their laptops.
- Clint said that he wasn’t able to make contact with Lee Pesky in regard to giving back to them and this will be addressed at the next board meeting.
Meeting adjourned by President Hugh at 7:45 pm.
Next board meeting will be June 26th, 2014, 6:30 pm at Jerry’s in Boise.